Thursday, November 10, 2011

Why my mom asks me if I'm pregnant...

This might sound stupid but I think it's really funny! My mom constantly asks me if I'm pregnant and I was thinking about it the other day, and most of the time, it's for semi-legitimate reasons... So here is a short list of some of them.

1. If I get overly tired or completely overwhelmed, I cry. She always says: "You're so emotional! Are you pregnant?"

2. If I drink enough water, and wait it out, I legitimately look like I am three or four months pregnant. Ask my friend Jared, he knows. I was walking to downtown Fredericton at night once and I told him I should have gone before leaving the house. His response? "At least people don't harass pregnant women..."

3. I eat the weirdest combinations of food for snacks and I get the most random cravings. For example, one day, I ate ice cream, pickles, an orange, salt and vinegar chips, soda crackers with peanut butter, and vanilla yogurt. Random combination? I think so!

4. I constantly retain water! And there's no rhyme or reason to it. I'll get up one morning and my feet are so swollen I have trouble squeezing into my shoes. Other times, I have to grease my fingers up to pull off my ring because my fingers are so puffy I lose circulation. Try typing with numb fingers! Not so good!

5. Every so often, usually a couple times a year, I begin nesting. That's right folks! I nest! I'll scrub dust and scrub everything many times over. And then, I take everything off of shelves and out of dressers and throw it all in a pile. I sort through everything, get rid of useless stuff and re-organize all the other stuff.

This isn't the best picture of the water belly but I couldn't wait anymore!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! You need to add an "after" pic to really show the difference!

    ReplyDelete