Sunday, November 6, 2011

Le Émotifs Anonymes...And a Little Bit of Star Trek...

I was so excited when I found out my dad found this movie for me.


It is a Bridget Jones-y rom-com from France. I enjoyed it so very, very much. Angélique is a member of a kind of a "dramatics anonymous" group where people with confidence issues and who seem to create drama go to talk. Angélique dreams of being a chocolatier and gets hired by a man who has his own emotional issues. But things simply don't work out as planned.


The characters are so loveable and completely human. To get her confidence up, Angélique constantly sings the confidence song from The Sound of Music. It makes me so happy because this is the song that my dance teacher chose as my "theme" during my dance years.


The actors are fabulous, with their quirks and their awkwardness. Isabelle Carré reminds me of a French Amy Adams. Benoît Poelvoorde, who plays the chocolate factory owner, gives such an honest and endearing performance. I can't get enough of it. I'm going to try to convince my dad and René to watch it today! After all the Star Trek. I think this might be the beginning of a French movie kick!


P.S. They totally quoted Peter Pan in Star Trek's Undiscovered Country. Captain Kirk just said: "Second star to the right and straight on till morning."

No comments:

Post a Comment