Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Little Princess




I think that every girl dreams of being a princess at one time or another; whether to have all the beautiful dresses you want or have a handsome prince rescue you from all your troubles. Heck! I still find myself wishing for a Prince Charming today. We all want to be swept off our feet, told we're beautiful every day, and be loved unconditionally. (Oh yeah, and live in big castles with lots of beautiful children and delicious food. Tough luck!)


But really, this quote and the story are completely heartwarming and uplifting. The little girl, Sara, is inspired by her father and an Indian woman named Maya who tells her "All women are princesses, it is our right." This knowledge allows her to overcome all of her challenges when her father disappears in the war and the school Headmistress moves her to the attic and treats her like a slave. Her belief in every day magic and her positive attitude is something I can only aspire to have.


I read this book when I was a young girl and I have watched the movie at least twice in the past month or so. I should definitely read the book again. 

For those of you who have not heard of it before, check it out. It is definitely worth it. It will make any day better. 

1 comment:

  1. HOLY SHIT I JUST FINISHED WATCHING THIS!

    Except it was the Shirley Temple version. Cause Andrew loves Shirley Temple. No joke.

    Don't tell Andrew I told you...

    ReplyDelete